Life throws us unexpected curve balls all the time. The latest curve ball life decided to throw at me sucked… and still sucks; but I’m not going to let that stop me from living and keeping my faith. Pat Benatar said it best when she sang, “I AM A WARRIOR.”
I AM A WARRIOR.
With Strength, Passion, Faith, Confidence and Love, I Stand Tall. I’ve already hit rock bottom… more than once. Every time I fell, I picked myself up again. I didn’t need anyone to do that for me (although I can’t say that I didn’t wish someone would then), but I am glad nobody did. It was me. I picked myself back up again. I brushed myself off, and stood tall, facing fear head on and making the decision to conquer it with love.
I faced my fears head on and conquered them with love. My warrior mentality did not happen over night, but with a lot of training and conditioning, my mind began to see things from a different place (a place of love).
In finding prayer, gratitude, and learning to love myself, I became a warrior.
My inner warrior can conquer more than I ever imagined. She sees things from a different angle and knows that things, no matter how bad, will be ok. Today, the warrior in me is facing life head on.
Be A Warrior.
During good times and tough times, never stop believing in the power of miracles. Always pray, always be thankful, and always remember that you are a miracle.
Be Realistic; Expect Miracles.
Is Social Media actually improving your life, or is it sucking the life out of you?
Social Media did improve my life. It’s what helped me gain a following. It’s also one of my best income streams. I owe a lot to social media…
…but, my relationship with it is not always positive. Lately, I have been inclined to use the words “hate” and “social media” together. I love to write… God, I really love to write! I love my blog! I am screaming this people…
I LOVE MY BLOG AND I LOVE TO WRITE! BUT… I HATE the time and effort it takes to send a post to my social media networks.
Submitting a post to different social media outlets is a pain in the A*S! If you want to engage your followers and gain new followers, simply hitting a button and having your post published on Google, Facebook, etc… is not going to cut it.
Here’s the short list of things you might want to consider before publishing on social media sites:
- The description of your post. For sites like Google and Facebook, you can have a long description of you think it’s necessary. Twitter is a different story. Pinterest and Instagram are a different breed as well. Then there is Reddit, Digg… you get the gist. Descriptions might need to be customized for each one.
- Images will need to be re-sized for optimal viewing on each site. If you don’t care about how your images look on different websites,
don’t bother re-sizing them… don’t even bother publishing to the sites.
- Tags… Tags are so important. Although tags are typically pretty consistent from site to site, you might want to add a few depending on which platform you are submitting to.
- Groups… As if simply publicizing your work on a number of platforms wasn’t hard enough, to gain the most attraction, you will want to publicize your work to different groups within each platform. LinkedIn is not too tough since your post can be published to all of your groups at the same time. Google+ on the other hand, makes you re-submit your post each time you want to add a group. This can be painstakingly annoying and look pretty foolish on your Google+ page since your “one” post, will show up every time you publish it. If you decide to submit your post to all of your Google+ groups, make sure you spread it out over time and publish other articles in between or your page will look like you just threw up the same post over and over.
I LOVE TO WRITE. I started my blog because of my love for writing. What I never thought when I started my blog was that writing would be the easy part (and take the least amount of time). I have to give kudos to services like Hootesuite and my favorite plug-in, WordPress SEO by Yoast, because they my life a lot easier with social media. What I want to know is this: When is someone going to come up with a solution that will enable me to submit all of my posts, to all of my social media outlets, just the right way with the click of a single button.
Please don’t forget to comment if you have the same woes as I do!
Creativity… It’s a phenomenon! I’m not telling you that you have to create the perfect piece of eye candy so all your Pinterest viewers will worship you and hate you at the same time. I really love the site, but genuinely believe that my favorite things on Pinterest are not posted by humans, but rather a breed of aliens sent to this earth deliberately to make me feel bad about myself.
So… have you ever wasted your time getting creative? Did you think the outcome would be a masterpiece? If you answered yes to either of those questions, welcome to my tribe! It doesn’t matter if your finished product was pin worthy or not. The only thing that matters is if you had fun doing it!
Keep on creative one and color outside the lines May you never grow tired of having fun.
What do you think of Pinterest? Do you try out any of their tutorials at home too? Do yours look as good as the ones on-line?
Friends, you are so lucky, because today, I am going to share something with you. It’s so important! I learned this from my “friend” The Alchemist. It’s the worlds greatest lie and you need to know it!
My life has been filled with a bit of crap lately. From minor little blimps to pretty major things that would bring anyone down. For the most part, I have stayed up-beat but today… well, today was one of “those” days. No matter how much I tried to stay positive, something kept getting in the way. I wish I knew what that something was, but the more I tried to pinpoint it, the more confused I became. Lucky for me, I was reminded of a “pretty big deal” quote from my favorite book…
“What’s the world’s greatest lie?” the boy asked, completely surprised. “It’s This” the alchemist responded…
Today, I am putting aside all my frustrations, and grabbing breakfast… A Big Breakfast, with some of my closest friends. I’m going to laugh, relax, and forget about all the yucky stuff going on, and that’s that.
I wish it wasn’t true and I wish even more that I never had to feel this way but I do… Welcome To The battle I’ve fought for years…
Sometimes we meet people who believe in their views so highly, that they think it’s perfectly ok to disregard what anyone else thinks. Their only justification for their actions is genuinely believing they are right… ALL. THE. TIME. Whether they are right or wrong though, doesn’t matter.
We all have strong beliefs about things. I don’t think there is anything wrong with exercising these beliefs and even imposing them on others… as long as they are welcomed. Then, you have “THOSE PEOPLE” who overstep their boundaries.
About “Those People” Though…
“Those people” are a rarity… They are the ones that hear what you are saying, tell you they understand, and make you believe they will honestly respect you and your views… the next thing you know, they are once again going against your wishes by doing EXACTLY what you asked them not to do. “Those People” I am referring to are frauds. They are so self-consumed that they truly don’t give a crap about you or what you think.
Now the funny thing about “those people,” is that if you choose to call them out about what they “ONCE AGAIN, DID AGAINST YOUR WISHES,” they will become defensive and try making you the bad guy. I know sounds hard to do, but… LOVE THEM STILL.
Yes, love them; even if it kills you; even though they might not know how to love… Still though, JUST LOVE “THOSE PEOPLE”, because in the end, you wouldn’t EVER want anyone to think of you, like you think of them.
Those who have lost the ability to love are usually crying out for it. It may be the hardest thing you do, but know that it’s easier to give love, than allow yourself to feel what losing love is like.
You have to wake up every morning knowing that something amazing is going to happen. It’s not unrealistic. Simply being alive is magical, but there are so many more incredible, and magical things happening around us. Don’t let them go unnoticed because they are gifts, and need to be treasured.
Infertility & Pregnancy. I remember when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. After almost 3 years of infertility, and a lot of disappointment, I had an innocent soul growing inside me. I. was. pregnant. I was growing a person inside my body who could hear my heartbeat, and feel my warmth like no other. My daughter knew more about me than I knew about myself during her short time in my womb. Talk about intimacy. She felt things I may not have even understood. Between anxiety, stress, sadness, happiness and many other emotions, she felt every one of them in the most authentic way. She was in me. She felt my blood rush, she heard my heart beat faster, and faster. I know having children is part of nature taking its course but the process is nothing short of magical.
Look around you. I bet if you really look, you will see there is magic in Every. Little. Thing. You. See. It’s A Beautiful Thing. Accept this magic. It’s part of our lives and part of us. We have been given the most incredible gifts. All we need to do, is believe in them for them to flourish!
Top 5 Ways To Honor Yourself:
- Be Unequivocally In Love With You. You’ve go to fall in love with yourself and give yourself the love you deserve.
- Meditate. You will be amazed at how empowering and effective meditation is. I used to discount the benefits until I started practicing meditation more. Once I did, I realized that meditating was not only a great relaxation tool, but a great way for me to escape from negativity. Meditating helps me release all frustrations related to things toxic in my life.
- Eat. I love food! I love to fill my stomach with great tasting food. Although some of the great tasting food I love involves a lane called “drive through,” I know it isn’t good for me. Whenever Taco Bell calls my name though, I resort to my home-made egg white wrap with a bit of mango salsa to give it a little punch! Eat well. Trust me, you will thank yourself.
- Trust Your Intuition. Your intuition is a vital part of you. It’s one of the most beautiful gifts you have been given and should never be ignored. The next time your intuition tells you something, take a moment and just listen. You might be surprised at what you hear.
- Express Thanks. Keep a gratitude journal. Write in it every day! You gratitude journal is more than just a place to enter important life events; it’s a keepsake. I have kept a gratitude journal for the past 3 years and each night, I write 5 things I am grateful for. It’s amazing what acknowledging a bit of gratitude can do for you!
Here’s To Honoring Yourself, Finding Happiness Within & Quote #14
Anyone can make you smile,
Many people can make you cry,
But it takes someone really special
To make you smile with tears in your eyes.
This quote alone brings tears to my eyes… When I think of the people in my life who have made me smile and shed a tear at the same time, I am reminded of how lucky I am because they are a rare breed. There aren’t many people, besides my children, who are able to invoke this type of response from me.
I am blessed. I have incredible people in my life, who I call my friends. Not only do they make me smile, a lot… they also put tears in my eyes. There is beauty in the tears though, since they are greatly due to my realization of how fortunate I am to have people like them in my life.
Heres To Having Some Of The Most Incredible Friends A Girl Could Ask For & Quote #13
Here’s To Losing Any Self Doubt & Quote # 12